Senior Engineering Project Manager
Provides Project Management leadership, expertise, and direction toward the successful execution of a major capital project, with approximate investment of 250 million euros. Accountable for Engineering workstream budget, schedule and personnel assigned to the project. Ensure project success – on time / on budget / on scope / on compliance / on safety Leadership/People: …
- Provides Project Management leadership, expertise, and direction toward the successful execution of a major capital project, with approximate investment of 250 million euros.
- Accountable for Engineering workstream budget, schedule and personnel assigned to the project.
Ensure project success – on time / on budget / on scope / on compliance / on safety
Leadership/People: No. of direct reports: 5
No. of indirect reports: Several – contracted
Reporting to: Global Engineering Capital Program Lead.
Job/Position: Sr. Engineering Project Manager
Geographic Scope: Belgium
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Describe the primary duties and responsibilities of the job. Include only the essential functions of the job. Approximately 5 – 10 bulleted task statements should be identified).
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained through adherence to safety guidelines and policies. Must follow local safety and environmental compliance rules and ensure compliance with global standards.
- In depth planning of all project phases up to and including completion of engineering runs and PQ.
- Ensures project is executed following a structured methodology going through all phases of the Project Management process as defined in GMS-11-ENG.
- Partner with procurement on the contracting process for all third-party requirements, including bid document preparation, contract review, and vendor recommendation.
Build out a detailed project schedule using standard tools and methods
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Must be proficient with Project Management principles and methodologies
- Strong knowledge on Contract Management.
- Understand design, installation, and commissioning of pharmaceutical plant equipment
- Have a thorough knowledge of facilities engineering systems, using blue prints, equipment manuals, specifications, standard operating procedures
- Have working knowledge of hazardous chemicals and their disposal, OSHA, EPA, and FDA requirements.
- Must have very strong verbal and written communication skills, documentation practices, be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have be results oriented with a high level of energy.
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Be Positive, Accountable and Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
Managing, developing people and establish high performing teams
Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Single point accountability for delivery of Engineering workstream
- Chair team meetings and responsible for overall team progress
- Facilitate steering committee
- Ensure quality of sub-team deliverables
- Engage functional leadership as needed
Interaction (The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Maintains a positive, professional and customer oriented attitude. Communicate any concerns related to safe work practices, hostile work environment, sexual harassment or any other type of employee misconduct directly to the supervisor, manager, or human resources.
- Anticipates potential conflict situations, identifies and acts on proactive solutions.
- Represent project in communications with internal and external partners
Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Demonstrate innovation by implementation of value added digital solutions
- Constantly challenge the status quo, and apply best engineering practices applicable. This includes design, construction, commissioning and qualification.
Complexity (Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Ability to handle parallel tasks in a complex environment, communicate in transparent way and give clear direction
- Drive for results: constantly strive to exceed expectations
Ensuring sharing and leverage of best practices and expertise within the client’s engineering community.
Fluent in English, French is preferable.