Blackfield Associates are working with a global pharmaceutical organisation, to recruit for a QC Chemist to join their team based in Waterford on a contract basis until approximately January 2026. This is a Monday-Friday, days based role.
The core function of the role will be to provide analytical chemistry services and support to the site. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Interaction with other departments on matters related to raw materials, intermediates and finished batch releases.
- Maintain, update and issue chemical methods, specifications and SOPs
- Assist with training of the analysts in areas of expertise
- Trend results, record on COAs where required and complete OOS investigations
- Update the Team Leader on potential problems and highlight improvements
- Ensure QC laboratories meet cGMP requirements
- Audit and review chemistry test results
To be considered for the role candidates must have a degree in a Scientific subject (Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred), along with 2-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.