Controls Engineering Technician – North London – Permanent – Competitive Salary
A leading manufacturing organisation in North London are currently looking for a Controls Engineering Technician to join their Engineering Department on a permanent basis, working a day shift Monday – Friday with flexible hours available.
The primary function of the role will be to assist in the development, production and documentation of controls systems within a highly automated manufacturing environment. The role has responsibility for the execution and development of the maintenance and reliability processes for the factory controls systems. You will be the controls expert and Electrical Duty Holder for the factory, acting as the ‘go to’ person for issues in this area.
The main responsibilities/competencies of this role:
* Fault finding
* Support and optimise existing control systems
* Provides support to the maintenance engineering team, conducting upskilling & training on control systems
* Expert knowledge of PLC systems Allen Bradley and Mistubushi as well as Scada programming packages
* Carrying out Root Cause Analysis
* Leading projects in upgrading the factory control systems
* Conduct fault finding on automated equipment and provide hands on diagnostic troubleshooting
* Carrying out regular audits for the Engineering team
You will have a minimum of an Apprenticeship/Degree/HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline with a Controls bias. Previous experience within manufacturing maintenance and in-depth knowledge of PLC’s and experience working with a SCADA system is essential to the role.
To apply for this role please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below or email Rebekah@blackfieldassociates.com
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.