A leading Medical Device manufacturing organisation is currently recruiting for a Calibration Engineer to join their site on a permanent basis. This is based in Kent.
The role holder will be responsible for internal and external calibration, maintenance and repair of all manufacturing and assigned equipment. This will also cover dealing with external contractors and their associated servicing agreements.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Calibration Engineer will carry out all calibration on all aspects of the facility and equipment. Other key duties include:
- To liaise and supervise with contractors and service engineers for external activities, ensuring safe working procedures are adhered to while avoiding interruption to manufacturing and ensuring all contractors are compliant.
- Writing and reviewing SOP’s and procedures or adjusting where necessary
- To co-ordinate and schedule service work from the CMMS in line with manufacturing and production requirements.
- To apply a range of Engineering skills including, installation, condition-based monitoring, fault-finding and servicing.
- Ensuring the work complies with GMP, Data Integrity, EHS and company guidelines.
- To maintain the Engineering CMMS database in line with company procedures.
In order to be considered for the role, candidates will need to have a recognised engineering qualification, with experience in a similar Calibration/ Instrumentation/Maintenance role preferably within a Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology organisation. Other industries would also be considered including Aerospace, Food Manufacturing / Regulated FMCG. A sound understanding of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and performing calibration activities. Any knowledge of LEAN/process improvement methodologies would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will be required to be part of the on-call rota which equates to one week in four.